Wednesday, April 09, 2008
So it is.. Terry has left Dover ITE for the comforts of RP! Yeap.. He has got pretty good grades when he retook his O' Levels last year and I thought he has done terrifically in it.. I'm extremely happy for him, but I have to admit that I'm feeling rather gutted as well.. I was kinda prepared that this would happen when I strongly recommended Terry to be in the top 6 positions in Student Council, because he has told me before that he would apply for Poly if he did well enough in his O's.. So, my greatest fear came true.. Dover SC has lost one of its most promising leaders.. I have lost my most trusted general.. Sabrina has lost a great assistant..Ever since Terry joined SC while I was still Vice-President, he has done a magnificent job.. My first impression of him was all right, but as time goes by, his work ethic, the way he goes about doing things, his commitment etc, has impressed me alot.. I knew he was one of the most promising leaders in the council alongside Arifin, Atikah, Carole, Jonathan, Rizuan and Sabrina! These few were the apples in my eye.. They were the jewels among the rest.. I felt they were the ones with the most potential to lead the council when I stepped down..Terry was one of the very few councillors that I had loads of faith in.. He was without a doubt, the councillor I trusted and doted on the most, during my time as VP! Exactly the same like XY trusted and doted on Jonathan the most and Patricia trusted and doted on Rizuan the most! The rest of the current EXCOs also earned our trust or they'll never have been nominated for positions in the EXCO Committee.. AK's always very committed, has a great character and takes her responsibilities very seriously.. Arifin's always calm in handling things, he never panics, a quality that a fantastic leader possess.. Carole's a witty one, a very intelligent and an eloquent speaker, an amusingly clever one.. Sabrina's an efficient worker, does things with urgency and efficiency, a very trustworthy one.. Terry, Jonathan and Rizuan naturally possess traits that made me, XY and Patricia trust and dote on them so much respectively.. But overall, these 7 were the ones that impressed me, XY and Mr Timothy the most!I cannot deny the fact that Terry has made me so damn proud of him during my time as VP! His commitment alone, alongside T Wei Quan, Rizuan and Arifin stands out from the rest.. He has already done me so proud as a councillor and I believe he has served the council with nothing but his best! What more can I expect? Well... Maybe its fated, but like what I said just now, Dover SC has lost one of its most promising leaders, I've lost my most trusted general and Sabrina has lost a great assistant..Even Rizuan has left Dover ITE.. Patricia doted on him the most, even she openly admitted it! I guess she would be gutted if she ever learn that Rizuan has gone to SP! She always spoke highly of Rizuan, but I knew it all along that Rizuan was one of the council's elites! His place as an elite was always there.. He's a fantastic councillor indeed! All in all.. They (Terry and Rizuan) were the ones that made me the most proud! I'm pretty sure, Dover SC will miss them!